Sunday, June 26, 2011

Agusan del Sur, Mindanao, Philippines

A few pics I snapped on my visit to San Francisco, in Agusan del Sur, Philippines. It was a wonderful place, with beautiful people. I couldn't help but shed a few tears as I boarded the bus that would take me to Butuan for the flight back to Manila. I have so many memories of this place and much to share in the weeks to come.
Nanai's kitchen, where my meals were prepared for me.

Filipinos seem to love the camera. I tried to get candid shots of the kids, but every time they saw the camera, they would pose. Other times, they insisted I get out my camera to take shots of them. Beautiful children.

The students in Lahng Lahng's classes (all 4 of them) roared with excitement when we asked to take a picture with them. In one class, the girls where rushing to get closest to me for the pic. I felt like Michael Jackson.
The view from my room includes banana trees, coconut trees and rice fields. The leaves of the banana tree are at least twice as long as I am tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Creative Commons License
deb's deep thots by tiggurtoo@gmail.com is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at tiggurtoo@gmail.com.